- Simple starter with stator contactor for LV machines up to 640 kW
- Simple starter without stator contactor for LV and MV machines up to 6400 kW
- Double starter without stator contactor for LV and MW machines up to 12800 kW
- Starter with plain steel plate tank
- Starter with ribbed tank for higher starting frequency
- Starter with additional water cooling for high starting frequency
- On/Off control switches wired to terminals for superordinate control: -X1.1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21.
- Auxiliary switches wired to terminals required for the customer’s control activities -X1.13, 14.
- Temperature monitoring, alarm at 100°C -X1.7, 8 tripping at 130°C, -X1.3, 4
- Standard control voltage 230V – 50/60 Hz
- Stepped contactors, controlled via PLC module (alternatively via time relay for starting steps).
- Output step contactor(s)
- Cable inlets, connection directly on the output step contactor
- Oil level gauge
- Painting RAL 7035
- Stator contactor and thermal over-current relay for drives up to 640 kW, as per Table 2
- Water cooling, size 52, 54, 56
- Transformer for different control voltage.
- Electronic blocking control during starting.
- Cable cover to raise the protection to IP 55.
- Level indicator.
- Monitoring of the number of starting steps
- Oil tank with cooling ribs.
- Control switch (-S10) ON/OFF wired to terminals for local control, signal lamps indicating the position.
- Space heater for control box
- Rotor voltage > 2000 V.
- Control for brush lifter.
- Terminal box for rotor cable.
- Optimized, speed-controlled ramp control.
- Remote display and remote control via PROFIBUS (www.profibus.com). Multi-function display for oil temperature, switching condition, number of admissible starting steps.
Standards and regulations
3PA3 starters comply with the specifications of
- DIN VDE 0660 Regulations for low-voltage switchgear
- DIN 46062 Starters for direct current and alternating current slip-ring motors
- IEC 60947-4-1 Low voltage switchgear, contactors and motor starters
They conform to the European Council’s Low Voltage Directive 73/234 EEC. According to DIN 50010, T1 the starters are suited for installation in
- indoor climate
- roofed outdoor climate
- outdoor climate without weathering protection
IP 54 pursuant to DIN 40050 / IEC 144
25°C to +45°C, higher temperatures upon request
up to 1000 above sea level, higher altitudes upon request.
To be provided by the customer
- Level foundation
- Oil catchment device, catch basin
- Stator contactor or circuit breaker
- Line-side short-circuit protection
- Thermal motor protection
- Supply and filling in of the oil fill
For the oil fill, use acid-free insulating oil pursuant to DIN 51370, DIN VDE 0370. Esso Univolt 56
- Shell Diala D
- Energol JS R
- BP JSH-A
Starters may only be transported without oil fill.